Nachdem wir schon aus dem letzten Chat erfahren haben, dass es zu Release nicht nur Server für Amerika geben wird, sondern Europa eigene bekommt, hat Brad McQuaid im offiziellen Forum noch einen drauf gesetzt. Er schreibt, dass es zum Start mindestens ein paar PvE und einen PvP Server geben wird. Welche anderen Serverarten es noch geben wird, das wird von dem Erfolg des MMORPGs abhängig gemacht.

I wish I could, and nothing would make me more happier, but until I know how many servers period we will have at launch, I simply cannot commit to more than the one PvP server. Hopefully Vanguard gains popularity and recognition thru covers and media coverage, etc. and we are able to sell-in a ton of copies. And how many boxies we sell-in (which is what this is called -- the number of units that will be available on launch day to buy is called sell-in) will determine the number of servers we will need to support that sell-in, and then the more servers, the more alternate rule-set servers are justified having at launch. So, again, worst case, there´s a bunch of basic PvE servers and one PvP servers. Ideally, however, we´ll have high enough sell-in to launch with more alternate ruleset servers, which would include RP servers, PvP servers with different rules (the traditional anyone can attack anyone, and then the realm vs. realm types, as well as some other cool ideas we are tossing around, and even some other types of alternate ruleset servers that we have ideas for but are too early to talk about.

Link: Zum Beitrag von Brad McQuaid
Link: Kommentare im Forum